Monday, November 10, 2008

Famous People

So, as I am residing here in LA, people from back home always ask me if I ever see famous people.


Why yes I do!


Here is a listing of all those that I have seen and/or spoken to. And it must be said, I don't act like a crazed fan and run up to them and ask them for an autograph. Although I did follow Macy Gray into a bathroom.


First celebrity spotting: Minnie Driver and Eddie Izzard, while filming The Riches in Santa Clarita, CA. I drove by the location a few times until I saw them. This was shortly after moving to LA and I was desperate to see someone famous.










Then I was with Kayde and Heather in a 7-11 in Beverly Hills and Chris Cooper checks out right in front of me!


Shortly thereafter, I met Tom Green and Will Sasso at Firefly in Burbank. Will Sasso wasn't very nice and Tom Green was weird, but friendly. I asked if he wanted my autograph - not the other way around. He said he did, so I gave it to him.



And the next day, I met Macy Gray in a bathroom at a Sushi Bar. And yes, I followed her in there, hoping to talk to her. We talked about the sushi. It was great. You might even call us BFF.


Then, I saw Tracy Gold in an Office Max in Santa Clarita. She had her boys with her who were making a lot of noise. I looked at her to smile, as if to say, "it's okay, boys will be boys, and they're not bothering me." But my expression actually went more like, "OMG You're Tracy Gold and I used to watch you on TV everyday growing up." I of course didn't say this but it was written all over my face.


And then, Jessica Lucas, from Cloverfield and 90210 walked into Lucky Strike Lanes in Hollywood on the arm of LA Dodger James Loney of Houston, TX. He was getting a bit more attention than she. All of the men in the room gathered around James to get his picture while Jessica moved off to the side. We exchanged a smile, and I thought, just wait until 90210 takes off. That will be you shortly.




That same night, Wilmer Valderrama, aka FEZ from That 70s Show, came into Lucky Strike. I actually did go up to him to get a picture with him. That was my one fanatic moment. And here is the picture:


And recently, I attended a Ryan Bingham concert at The Topanga Roadhouse and met Ryan Kwanten. I actually chatted it up with him all night. He's most famous for his work on True Blood on HBO, but I recognized him from Summerland. You may also recognize him from Flicka. He was super nice, and yall know how much I love an Australian accent.


Just a side not, I hung out with another famous guy that night and I have yet to find out what he is on. I know it's something on Showtime, which I do not have. As soon as I figure it out, I'll let ya know.



And finally, I was at Barney's Beanery in Hollywood recently and spotted Chris from Kid and Play. He no longer has the huge afro.


That's all I can remember now. I will update as I spot more.

Rubbing Elbows with the Rich and Famous,
Miranda Elizabeth Burton

No comments: