Friday, November 14, 2008

It's a Sheryl Crow Christmas!

I love Sheryl Crow. This may be common knowledge, but she's possibly my favorite singer of all time. It's hard to give that position to someone because my mind changes often, but there's never been a Sheryl Crow CD that I haven't owned and loved. So you can imagine my excitement when I discover that she has released a Christmas CD!!! It's only available at Hallmark. I went there today, bought some cards (you have to buy 3 to get the discount on the CD) and got me some Sheryl. The CD player in my Jeep is broken so I drove around listening to it in my old school portable CD player and headphones. This was my first time of the year to be listening to Christmas music and I felt it was appropriate to start it out right with a little Sheryl Crow. And the CD did NOT disappoint! It's fabulous. She starts out with an excellent soulful version of Go Tell it on the Mountain. I swear if I could sing alone in front of people, I would be at the church convincing the music minster to let me sing this version of the song solo during the Christmas service. I bet ya it would be a big hit! I was driving through the Valley just belting it out - good times :) The rest of the CD is great as well. There are a couple of songs that I've never heard before that were equally wonderful. So that's my CD review. I am probably a bit biased because I am such a Sheryl Crow fan so keep that in mind if you go check it out! You can actually listen to the songs here: SHERYLCROW
Enjoy!
Getting into the Christmas Spirit,
RB

No comments: